Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 7: My feet

i can't believe i only have two more full days of my trip left. i definitely feeling alittle travel weary, mostly in my body. the most notable thing when i wake up yesterday morning is that my feet still hurt from the day before. thus far i have gone to bed every night with achy achy feet, but wake up feeling ready to go again. ill admit the day before yesterday, the renewed energy in my feet ran out much much earlier in the day than they had been before, maybe even before noon.

so yeterday morning my feet are hurting from the start. at the Toji market i longingly pass a booth giving foot massages: $20 for 30mins... as soon as i passed it up, i wished i had done it.

i had noticed that a japanese traveller in my dormintory had bought these sticky pads and was applying them to her legs and feet as if they had been aching as well. so yesterday while waiting for a bus i pop into a cheap looking everything type drug store. i am able to do this without worry of missing the bus because this particular bus stop (like many in japan) has a sign with each bus line stopping there listed. under each bus are three circles. when i bus is coming in the near future a little green circle with a bus on it appears in the farthest right circle. and then moves along to the left as it gets closer. when it is approacing it appears in the farthest left circle. i LOVE this!

so i pop in. mom, you would love this store, it is your favorite kind of everything drug store. i end up picking out some teeny miniature travel toothpaste, floss (yesterday i got a little concerned about my oral hygeine since a) i am travelling b) i have had oral hygience issues in the past, gross i know, but i swear i usually brush my teeth 3times a day c) i haven't been to the dentist in at least a year), AND i find those little sticky pads for your legs and feet. they promise i will wake up and feel refreshed, so i buy a pack. i can't figure out where the prices are so i am pleasantly surprised when my purchase amounts to around $3.

so the moment of truth comes when i put the pads on my feet last night. they are green and sticky with a soft pad on the bottom, so that when i stand up i feel like i am walking on pillows. mmmmm.... this is quite nice. the cooling effect begins immiately and is quite intense without making my feet feel cold. while falling alseep i begin dreams of buying mounds of these pads and putting them everywhere, on my hips, shoulders, knees, even cutting little tiny circles out for each toe.

and sure enough this morning my feet feel AMAZING! i will definitely be buying some more and cutting little circles out for each of my little aching toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment